School is back in session, which can only mean one thing: parties. But the question remains, which university throws the biggest and best parties on campus?
Since we at Tilt see—and help—college students power their social activities on campus, we asked our data team to create a ‘Tilt Social Index’ to accurately rank campuses based on the following factors:
- # of events per campus
- $ of money raised
- # of contributors per tilt
- Momentum behind the tilt (how quickly it reached its goal)
- Mobile app installs
The average back-to-school tilt so far this year has raised $854 with 34 contributors (way more attended each party, of course). Students across campus have been using Tilt to collect money for countless parties, tailgates, long weekends, and t-shirt orders.
Here are some other interesting findings to get you pumped for fall semester:
- Over 11,000 successful tailgating tilts last season
- Largest tailgate collected more than $26,000
- Over 8,500 Rush Week tilts
Without further adieu, the 2016 results:
- University of Mississippi (92.7)
- University of Texas – Austin (92.3)
- Florida State University (88.4)
- University of Florida (85.1)
- Arizona State University (82.3)
- Texas Tech University (78.2)
- University of Virginia (76.8)
- University of Georgia (75.4)
- Auburn University (73.7)
- Louisiana State University (71.3)
As a whole, the Ole Miss student body came in #1 and created a total of 4,500 tilts raising over $1.1 million on campus—Hotty Toddy! From the Grove to Foxfire Ranch, the Square to The Lyric Oxford, there’s no shortage of social events going down at Ole Miss and it’s hands-down one of the biggest party schools in the country. Stay tilted, Rebs.
Big congrats to our runners up at UT Austin, FSU, UF, and ASU for scooping up the top 5 spots. This is our third annual top party school rankings, and next year is a whole new ball game.
As always, stay tilted.
Sir Tilts a Lot
Want to help bring your campus to the top of the list this fall?